Prevention Of Sexual Harassment (Posh)
Our College is a coeducational institution. It provides opportunities to both boys and girls to develop their leadership qualities. However, there are a large number of women who work hand in hand with men here. Hence, any unwelcome sexually motivated behavior, whether directly or by implication involving physical contacts or advances, demand for sexual favours, sexually spoiled remarks, and other unwelcome physical, verbal or non verbal expressions of a sexual nature which affects them right to work in a congenial environment at the workplace are strictly observed and severely punished . This cell aims at sensitizing the students and staff and working diligently to prevent sexual harassment in the college. Complaints of sexual harassment shall be lodged with the Committee and appropriate disciplinary action is initiated by the members in accordance to the rules and regulations of the college.
The Committee consists of members of the faculty, a legal advisor, an observer and student representatives .The members of the committee for the current academic year are
|3||Mrs.S.Muthuselvi||ASP, Dept of Mech.|
|4||Dr.R.Gayatri||Professor,Dept of Physics|
|5||Mrs.B.Nigileeswari||ASP,Dept of EEE.|
|6||Dr.R.Anandan||ASP, Dept of ECE.|
|S.no||Student Name||Year & Dept|
|1||Ms.Sakthipriya||III year EEE|
|2||Ms.Avinash||IV Year CSE|
|3||Ms.Dinesh Kumar||IV Year ECE|
|4||Ms.L.Pavithra||III Year ECE|
Functions of POSH
- To prevent the sexual harassment of women.
- To prevent gender discrimination and sexual harassment against girls by promoting gender equity among students and employees
- To conduct periodical programmes on women empowerment.
- To provide conducive environment and congenial atmosphere for women both students and staff.
Cells and Committees
- Staff Selection Committee
- Planning and Evaluation Committee
- Examination Committee
- Human Resource Development Cell
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Admission Committee
- Library Committee
- Research Committee
- Academic Council
- Purchase Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Extra Curricular Committee
- POSH Cell
- Anti ragging committee
- Women Empowerment Cell