ANTI - RAGGING COMMITTEE
Ragging means display of disorderly conduct, or doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension of fear or shame or embarrassment to a new student in any educational institution. Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and their careers. Hence the aim of the Anti Ragging Cell is to eliminate ragging in all its forms and preventing its occurrence and punishing those who indulge in this criminal action with the proper legal legislations. It also aims and to provide the healthy environment, physically and psychologically, to all the students. Our College Campus has always been and will continue to be a ragging-free campus.
Members of the Committee
|2||Dr.Abdul ameed a.h.||Member||Official of NGO||NGO|
|3||Mr.R.Rukmangathan||Member||Police department||Police inspector|
|5||Ms.D.Subramani||Member||Representatives of Parents||Parent|
|6||Mr.C.Nirmal||Member||Representatives of Students||Student|
|7||Mr.R.Nivetha||Member||Representatives of Students||Student|
|8||Mr.Manian A||Member||Representatives Non- Teaching||Transport manager|
Anti Ragging Squad
Members of the Squad
|4||Dr.K.John Peter||HOD3||Faculty members(Preferably 2 Male and 2 Female)||Professor/CSE|
|5||Mrs.S.Muthuselvi||Member||Faculty members(Preferably 2 Male and 2 Female)||Associate Professor|
|6||Mrs.P.R.Ajitha||Member||Faculty members(Preferably 2 Male and 2 Female)||Assistant Professor|
Functions of the Committee
- To enquire and report on the disciplinary issues of the students.
- To give awareness on the intensity of ragging and its consequences.
- To conduct awareness meetings for the first year students about the seriousness of ragging involving local police station officials.
- To issue pamphlets and notices to the students about ragging and its impact.
- To display the following two items
on the notice board:
- Actions that would be taken against the students indulging in ragging
- Names of the Anti-Ragging Committee Members with their contact numbers.
- To collect the details of the house owner from the students who stay outside the Campus hostel.
- To keep an eye on all the students and check them throughout the day, especially during the breaks.
Cells and Committees
- Staff Selection Committee
- Planning and Evaluation Committee
- Examination Committee
- Human Resource Development Cell
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Admission Committee
- Library Committee
- Research Committee
- Academic Council
- Purchase Committee
- Grievance Redressal Committee
- Extra Curricular Committee
- POSH Cell
- Anti ragging committee
- Women Empowerment Cell